Terms and Conditions
1. Acceptance of Terms Welcome to The ICI Innovations Awards website, which is provided by Medical Futures Limited. Medical Futures provides its services to you, subject to the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the Terms at any time at http://www.medicalfutures.co.uk. In addition, when using particular Medical Futures services or other items provided by Medical Futures, you will be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms.
2. Description of Service Medical Futures currently provides access to information on the ICI Innovation Awards and some additional content we feel would be valuable to you (“Service”). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new services or resources, shall be subject to the Terms. We may add, delete or change some or all of the services provided for free as part of the Service at any time. Unless otherwise stated these Terms apply to you whether you are a casual user of the Service, a Member or other user. The Service is intended for use by medical students, doctors, academics, medical professionals, all allied professionals to health, alternative therapists and investors and businesses interested in innovation.
3. Use of the website By completing the application process you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age, that you are eligible to use the Service, and that you agree to be bound by all of these Terms. In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”). If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or ICI or Medical Futures has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, ICI or Medical Futures has the right to remove your details from our records. The ICI and Medical Futures cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 3.
4. Code of Conduct You agree not to i) interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or infringe any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service, or interfering with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Service, including but not limited to (a) transmitting any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information, or (b) attempting to gain unauthorised access to the Service, other’s accounts on the Service, or private mailing lists on the Service through password mining or any other means; ii) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to Israeli legislation or UK legislation such as the Data Protection Act, Consumer Protection Act, or Financial Services Act, or any amendments or replacements of such acts; iii) defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
6. External links The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by ICI Meeting or Medical Futures of the contents on such third-party web sites. As ICI Meeting and Medical Futures have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that neither ICI nor Medical Futures are responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and neither endorse or are liable for any Content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that neither ICI nor Medical Futures shall be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. If you decide to access linked third-party Web sites, you do so at your own risk. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its respective site administrator or web master.
7. Disclaimer of warranties You expressly understand and agree that (a) your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. ICI and Medical Futures and its suppliers, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of title, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights. ICI and Medical Futures and its suppliers make no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics, and links.(b) ICI and Medical Futures makes no warranty that (i) the Service will meet your requirements,(ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable.(c) no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from ICI or Medical Futures or through or from the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms (d) ICI nor Medical Futures shall held responsible for any third party material found on the website.
8. Indemnity You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ICI Meeting and Medical Futures Ltd, its officers, directors, judges, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Content, the Service, your connection to the Service or your breach of the terms of these Terms. ICI and Medical Futures shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall reasonably assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
9. No Resale of Service You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of or data included in the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
10. Limitation of Liability Your use of the Service is at your own risk. If you are dissatisfied with any of the Content or the Service or with these Terms, or any other rules or policies, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of www.icimeeting.com or www.medicalfutures.com. You expressly understand and agree that ICI nor Medical Futures shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if ICI or Medical Futures have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the Service. In no event will ICI or Medical Futures liability arising out of or in respect of these Terms exceed an amount equal to €200. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of this Section 10 may not apply to you.
11. Modifications to the Terms or to the Service Medical Futures reserves the right to change the Terms at any time without notice. Medical Futures also reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue the Service, temporarily or permanently, with or without notice to you. You agree that Medical Futures shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
12. Disclaimer ICI or Medical Futures or any of the Award Judges take no responsibility for the consequences of any information entering the public domain, as a result of such information having been disclosed to the ICI Innovation Awards entry or pitching process. In Particular, ICI nor Medical Futures nor the Judges can take responsibility for information entering the public domain in this way, losing the benefit of patent protection. However, ICI and Medical Futures will take reasonable steps to prevent such information entering the public domain and considers that its judges will similarly take such steps.
13. Trademark Information You acknowledge and agree that all rights in ICI Meeting, www.icimeeting.com, and other ICI Meeting logos are owned by the ICI Meeting Organisers. In addition Medical Futures, medicalfutures.com, medicalfutures.co.uk and other Medical Futures logos and product and service names (the “Medical Futures Marks”) are owned by Medical Futures Limited or its licensors. Without Medical Futures prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the ICI Meeting or Medical Futures Marks.
14. General The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and the ICI Meeting and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and ICI Meeting and Medical Futures (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms). ICI Meeting Secretariat can be contacted at Dan Knassim Ltd, PO Box 1931, Ramat Gan 52118, Israel. Medical Futures has its principal address at The Royal Institution of Great Britain, London, W1UK. All legal issues arising from or related to the use of the Service shall be construed in accordance with and determined by the laws of England. By using the ICI meeting website you agree that the exclusive forum for the bringing of any claims or causes of action arising out of or relating to your use of ICI Meeting website are the Israeli or English courts. You hereby accept and submit to the jurisdiction of such court in any such proceeding or action, and irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which you may have now or hereafter have to be laying of the venue of any such action or proceeding brought in such a court and any claim that any such action or proceeding brought in such a court has been brought in an inconvenient forum. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
15. Security Policy We ensure all security measures are in place and use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Any sensitive information such as credit/ debit/ charge card details is encrypted over the Internet to ensure maximum security of information. SSL is recognised as a secure method of on-line payment. No credit or debit card details are stored once your order has been processed. If you have any further concerns about security, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Most modern web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox, support ‘secure mode’ and standard security protocols. Internet Explorer can warn you if the site you are about to send payment details to, is secure or insecure. To make this happen, select OPTIONS on the VIEW menu and then click the SECURITY tab. Once all of the warning boxes have been ticked, Internet Explorer will automatically alert you each time you send your private details to another site.